American Express Select and Pay
- Sign up for the popular Select and pay program from AMEX
- AmericanExpress.com/SelectandPay is managed by the American Express Company
- The program requires the AMEX customer to login using their user ID and password
The American Express Select and Pay program which essentially allows a card holder to make purchases using AMEX reward points. For example the user can use Membership
Rewards points to make a payment towards a flight to Hawaii, hotel booked and paid in advance (prepaid hotel), vacation package to Mexico or cruise booking. This program is ideal for those who are going to use the points to make purchases anyways (those who use AMEX reward points to pay down their credit card bill should probably stick with that strategy).
- Users must use at least 5,000 points to take advantage of Pay With Point program
- If the user does not have enough points to pay for the purchase they must come up with another way to pay for the remaining purchase
Roger that – but exactly how does this Select and Pay program works?
- Book your plane tickets, hotel rooms, vacation package or cruise through the American Express Travel site.
- When asked for your payment information, select the option Pay With Points, and then choose how many points you want to redeem.
- The amount of your purchase will be charged to your Card account. Points will be automatically deducted from your Membership Rewards® balance.
- A credit for a corresponding dollar amount will be applied to your Card account
Any questions in regards to the lucrative American Express Select and Pay program can be directed to the toll free number found on the back of the AMEX credit card or simply dial an AMEX customer service agent at toll free 1-800-954-0559 between the hours of 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.