DCFS LA GOV CAFE
- Login to LA Cafe to manage or apply for food stamps in the state of Louisiana
- You must log in to your LA Cafe at least once every six months to keep your password active
- LA Cafe can also be used to check the status of your benefits with the state of Louisiana
The state of Louisiana’s Department of Child and Family Services operates several of the state’s community benefit and
To make applying for benefits or managing your accounts easier, Louisiana has an online “Common Access Front End” (or Cafe) system set up. Through the LA Cafe system, you can manage an apply for programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or formerly food stamps), Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), the Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), Child Support Enforcement Services, and Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP).
Here’s a breakdown of everything that you can apply for through LA Cafe:
- (LaCAP): A food assistance program specifically designed for Louisiana residents who are 60 and older, and receive Supplemental Security Income
- (KCSP): A program that provides cash assistance for children who are living with someone that is not their legal parent
- Child Support Enforcement Services: A program that provides paternity services, in addition to helping with child support orders (and collection plus distribution of applicable child support payments)
- Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP): A program that gives temporary cash assistance to low income families that need assistance with their children
- SNAP: Commonly called “food stamps,” this program provides benefits to assist low income households with buying much needed food
Depending on what benefits you’re applying for, and your specific circumstances, LA Cafe estimates that it will take about an hour to apply for benefits.
To contact LA Cafe:
- 627 N. Fourth St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802