Geek Squad Service Request
- Allows customer to replace a device under the Geek Squad Protection Plan
- Supported devices associated with the service are iPads, iPods, and cell phones
- Customers are required to provide the Geek Squad Protection number
The Geek Squad service request program allows customers to check on a current service request or create a new request. To create a new request using the Geek Squad service request program the customers will have to provide their name, Geek Squad Protection (GSP) number or the e-mail address used at the time of purchasing the Geek Squad Protection plan. Those who forgot the email address they used when making the purchase will have to go through a bothersome recovery process (it is best to simply use the GSP number if available).
Geek Squad Service Request Comments
- Some request are subject to a service fee
- The Geek Squad service fee can be paid using any major credit card (i.e. Visa, AMEX, Discover)
- For devices with carrier plans:
primary account holder informationfor pre-activation
- Most phones purchase after 9/1/13 will be subject to a costly service fee
- Best Buy can be reached at 1-888-
To check on the status of a current replacement device request the customer will have to search for the product via the product number, Geek Squad protection number, or the device ID (i.e. IMEI, ESN, or serial number). Please note customers that are looking to replace an external battery or accessory should dial-up a
Please NOTE that Geek Squad Protection Plan excludes damage resulting from abuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect functionality (customers are not allowed to obtain a replacement just because the device has a scratch on it), devices completely submerged in liquid (tossing a phone in a swim pool for example), and software issues.