MA Zip Code Settlement
- Learn more about the class action lawsuit against Lowe’s case number 3:13-cv-30144-MGM
- It is required all claims associated with the Map Zip Code Settlement lawsuit be in by July 27, 2015
- Class members in the case are defined as customers who were asked for their zip code by Lowe’s in the state of Massachusetts from June 3, 2009 to April 22, 2015 upon making a purchase
Consumers will find it interesting that Lowe’s denies any actions of wrong doing and has stated that any class member in the case are NOT entitled to any relief (i.e. settlement). The case will be heard before the Honorable Mark G. Mastroianni in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
What exactly is this lawsuit about?
- The MA Zip Code Settlement essentially revolves around claims that Lowe’s violated state was when asking a customer for their zip code (other than for shipping, installation, or delivery purposes) when making a
- The settlement amount has been declared at $300,000
Contact information in the MA Zip Code Settlement case?
- Class administrator by phone: 844-431-0695
- Class counsel: FINKELSTEIN, BLANKINSHIP, FREI-PEARSON & GARBER, LLP 1311 Mamaroneck Avenue Suite 220 White Plains, NY 10605
- Clerk of Court
- Class lawyers will be paid $100,000.00
- Exclusion and objections must be in no later than August 10, 2015
- The lawsuit claims the following MA state laws were violated Massachusetts General Laws chapter 93, section 105, Massachusetts General Laws chapter 93A, sections 2 and 9
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on 9/9/15 at the 300 State Street, Springfield, Massachusetts 01105 at 11am sharp
- MA Zip Code Class members are NOT required to attend the hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
Please do not contact Lowe’s about the lawsuit as they have been instructed not to respond by their legal time. Lowes has hired the law firm of HUNTON & WILLIAMS LLP (Phillip J. Eskenazi) to represent their interest.